During my travels as a consultant, I´ve had the opportunity
to get to know different countries around the world, and listening interesting
stories about phenomena without explanation. One of these stories occurred
during one of my trips to Costa Rica, Central America.
I was visiting an old friend and he invited me to climb the
Pico Blanco, in Escazu, and although I don't like climbing, i´ve thought that
the encounter with the nature would be
interesting.
We departed at 6:00am, a sunday of March, from a place known
as “San Antonio de Escazu”, and we began our ascent to the famous Pico Blanco,
a mountain of approximately 2000 meters of height.
We were climbing for a couple of hours at a steady pace.
While we went up, I heard several times some kind of scream very far in the
mountains, however, as apparently only I listened because nobody repaired in
the, I thought it was my inexperience in this kind of rides.
At approximately 10:30am we arrived at a plateau on the
mountain, there we find another group of climbers, led by an older person and
with a lot of experience in climbing to Pico Blanco, who had decided to climb
the mountain but from the other side
We sat down to rest and tell the different experiences of
each member of the group and it occurred to me to ask if it was a custom to
make those screams when one climbed the mountain. When I mentioned that, all
the members of the group stopped what they were doing and were silent. The
guide of the other group asked me with a straight face -'" You have heard a
scream in the mountain?, did you answered it back?"
I was surprised by the seriousness of the question and the
look that everyone had, but just at that moment we heard back again the
scream... it was a strange, acute and serious at the same time, all remained
silent, but what really scared us all and left us speechless was that a few
seconds later... we heard back again the same cry but only a few meters away
from where we were all sitting. The guide again said, but with a firm voice and
almost whispering... "No matter what happens, please no one say absolutely nothing, don't move, do not
panic or run.".
We were all petrified, about 80 feet away, trees and shrubs
began to move as if something giant was moving, we heard something heavy being
dragged in the mountain leaving behind many leaves... a few seconds later, we
heard again the scream, but this time very far inside the mountain.
No one said anything, no one asked anything, we prefer to
discuss other topics and ignore what had just happened. We continue walking in
the mountains until we found the exit on the other side, around 14:30pm. When
we arrived at the house of my friend, I asked him if he knew what had happened,
only told me "At least no one dared to answer the scream".

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario